Saturday, July 09, 2005

A Holiday Weekend Filled With...



PURE HAPPINESS.

My highlight for this post is going to have to be my July 4th holiday break. I left early on June 30th in order to make it home in time to surprise my daddy at work (A HUGE THANK YOU to Meredith for waking up at 5am to accompany me to Memphis and driving my car back to campus!!!). His birthday was on July 1st and I just knew he would take off work on his birthday. Therefore, my sister and I worked hard to get a plan together. We knew he would be there at his job on the 30th at some point, so we made it happen. He had NO CLUE I was coming home and it was wonderful! We had actually tricked him into thinking that they were driving down here to MS to see me for the 4th, so he was all messed up! :) I really think I made his birthday!! We had such a good time. It felt so good to be home. I guess you can say I had gotten just a little homesick so it was great seeing my Mommy, Daddy, and my sister!!! I also went to Chapel Hill while I was there to see my linesisters, roommates, and to get some other things done there at school. I don't know, I mean, I'm enjoying my time here, but there's just no place that will ever be like home and the people there.


On Sunday morning, I flew to Florida to see a special someone. ;) I spent the 3rd-5th with Shaun in Palatka, FL. He invited me to visit for the 4th. His family had a cookout, so we thought it would be a good time to get together. I enjoyed myself SO much. I had told Shaun that I wanted to go to the beach while I was there, so we went at like 10pm the first night I was there! It was so cool. People were out there with fireworks and everything. We had a good time, except for the fact that the mosquitoes ate us up!

All in all, I had a wonderful time over my holiday break. It felt good to see my family and friends. I think I needed that break more than I thought.

So, on the 5th when my plane came in, Keila and Torsheta were there to meet me! Thank ya'll so much! I have made some great friends and know already that I'll miss Teacher Corps so much when I leave. Wow, only like 3 weeks left. We're on the last half of the summer portion of the program. Time is flying. But I guess that's what happens when you're having a good time.

Oh, and to make the week even better... on my first day back to work (on Wednesday), David Molina surprised me with a box of Dove Mint Chocolate Serenade cookies from him and Sarah!! I LOVE MINT!! I was so excited. :) They are so good. I'm trying to save the few that I have left just because they are so tasty! LOL Gotta have some for later.

So...to sum it up, SURPRISE DADDY!!, I loved being at home with my family, enjoyed spending time with my boo, and I thank God for a fun, but safe trip!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The holiday happens to coincide with the end-of-the-season for many of the Island's young summer employees and brings on a last chance for partying hearty on Mackinac Island. "The rule for collecting antiques and collectibles is never throw anything away," said Miracle, "but that doesn't mean that I'm going to sell junk items that have no value or appeal to anyone. I can almost hear the lilt of their voices in the soft warm breeze, "Well done, boys.

Here is my site: Backyard sheds For sale
My web site: wood sheds for sale

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home