Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Weekend on the Barrack's Farm

This weekend was great! It was "A Weekend with the Second Years". I traveled to the Delta and spent Saturday and Sunday on a vegetable farm in Yazoo City. Talk about COUNTRY!!! :) On Saturday afternoon, Tiffany, Meredith and I left around 2pm and headed for Yazoo City (which is approximately 2 and a half hours away from Oxford). Tiffany drove, Meredith was "Directions and Radio Girl" (lol) and I was chillin in the back seat. Over the course of our stay with Mr. Bart Barrack, we had two homecooked meals, rode 4-wheelers, and visited many of the communities between Yazoo City and Belzoni.

Mr. Barrack lives on his family's vegetable farm, which as been in their family for many years. The house itself was built in 1940. I wonder if he gets lonely out there by himself at times, but it is definitely a beautiful place.

The shocking thing about this trip was to see the communities. We rode through the towns of Midnight, Isola, and Silver City. I had always heard about how blacks and whites would live right in the same community, but still be separate. I saw this for my own eyes. On one side of the small towns, no one lived there but blacks... make a right turn onto the very next block and it seems like you are in a new world.

I'm continuing to enjoy this experience. I'm doing something new everyday, which is why I'm having such a good time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. Keep it up. I love strawberries and
therefore the 1st solution is my favorite

Also visit my web-site; teeth whitening at home dr oz

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS I have usually wanted a bit sweet visitor
property.
Rene recently posted..Shower Curtains and Rug Kryptonite

Here is my webpage: order arrow sheds

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn. This is an extremely smartly written article.

I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post. I'll definitely comeback.


My blog post ... J C Penney Office Furniture Clearance

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For cardio wouldn't it be alright to do like crossfit wods or some hiit?

My web-site; mike chang six pack shortcuts tpb - -

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home